NEW! My helpful e-book has just been published.
Click to learn more!

Thriving at the Holidays Subscribe to Step Parenting with Grace by Email

Enter your email address to sign up for my mailing list to receive newsletters and other updates.


 

Friday, May 6, 2011

New ebook for Stepmothers available today!

I'm excited to announce a new e-book a fellow stepmom, Heather Hetchler, and I compiled that can be downloaded for FREE from my website home page. It's a collection of  personal, real-life stories and struggles from seasoned stepmom authors that are designed to encourage and support you on your journey.

Here's a sampling from a story titled "Learning how to Love," by Laura Petherbridge, co-author of The Smart Stepmom:

"If I'm being totally honest there were times in my early years as a stepmom that I didn't even like my stepsons, much less love them. To me they appeared spoiled and pampered, plus everyone in my husband's family seemed to tip-toe around their wants and whines. ... But as a Christian I desired to learn how to love them. I knew Christ could teach me, if I was willing."

"The first thing God revealed to me was that I had a tainted view of the boys. They were hurting kids, not bratty villains. Their sharp, stinging comments were merely an angry response to their circumstances. They didn't view me as a wonderful new addition to their family; to them I was the new woman rocking their boat of security. In their eyes, I was taking away their Daddy."

Here's another sampling from a story titled "Acceptance," by Jackie Brown:

"Having my stepdaughter 24/7 was not what I had planned. My life became a roller coaster of angry, sad, unhappy, and at times, depressed feelings. The reality is that I suffered a loss ... a loss of the way things were and the way I wanted them to be.

I learned first-hand that there are many things you have to accept in the role of being a full-time stepmom:

Accept that your time, space, and privacy are different from what they once were.
Accept that being a stepmom is unfair and lonely at times.
Accept that you may not see the fruits of your sacrifices until the stepchildren become adults.
Accept that there will be many sacrifices that often go unnoticed."

There are great stories in this e-book. I hope you'll hop over and download this free ebook today. Then, come back and let me know what you think.

Happy Mother's Day!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home